INVESTIGATIVE ARTICLES IN PEER REVIEWED JOURNALS
1. Price, K.P., and Clarke, L.K.: 1978, Behavioral and psychophysiological correlates of the coronary-prone personality: new data and unanswered questions. Journal of Psychosomatic Research 22:409-417.
2. Gatchel, R.J., Korman, M., Weis, C.B., Smith, D., Clarke, L.: 1978, A multiple-response evaluation of EMG biofeedback performance during training and stress-induction conditions. Psychophysiology 15(3) :253-258.
3. Galosy, R.A., Clarke, L.K., Mitchell, J.H.: 1978, Cardiac changes to signalled shock avoidance in dogs. Physiology and Behavior 2 1(1): 33-38.
4. Galosy, R.A., Clarke, L.K., Mitchell, J.H.: 1979, Cardiac changes during behavioral stress in dogs. American Journal of Physiology 236(5):H750-H758.
5. Price, K.P., and Clarke, L.K.: 1979, Classical conditioning of normal controls. Headache
6. Galosy, R.A., and Clarke, L.K.: 1980, Effects of left dorsal and ventral ansa subclavian transection on cardiac changes during behavioral stress in dogs. Physiology and Behavior 25: 195-203.
7. Galosy, R.A., and Clarke, L.K., Ward, D.L., and Pak, C.Y.C.: 1980, Renal oxalate excretion in calcium urolithiasis. Journal of Experimental Zoology 216:35.
REVIEW ARTICLES IN REFEREED JOURNALS
1. Galosy, R.A., Clarke, L.K., Vasko, M.R., Crawford, I.L.: 1981, Neurophysiology and neuropharmacology of cardiovascular regulation and stress. Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Reviews 5:137-175.
PAPER PRESENTATIONS, BOOK CHAPTERS AND ABSTRACTS
1. Price, K.P., and Clarke, L.K.: 1979, Classical conditioning of digital pulse volume in migraineurs and normal controls. Presented at the 21St annual meeting of the American Association for the study of headache, Boston, Mass.
2. Clarke, L.K., and Galosy, R.A.: 1979, The effect of unilateral sympathectomy on cardiac changes during behavioral stress in dogs. Presented at the 9th annual meeting of the society for Neuroscience, Atlanta, GA.
3. Clarke, L.K., Galosy, R.A., and Barnes, C.D.: 1983, The effects of frequency of stimulation of the amygdala on the cardiovascular system. Presented at the 34th annual meeting of the American Physiological Society, Honolulu, Hawaii.
4. Clarke, L.K., and Barnes, C.D.: 1983, The effects of intracranial GABA on the cardiovascular system. Presented at the 13th annual meeting of the Society for Neuroscience, Boston, Mass.
5. Lambden, B.D., Smith, B.S., and Clarke, L.K.: 1988, Indirect measurement of the subtalar axis. Presented at the International Federation of PM&R, Toronto, Canada.
6. Lambden, B.D., Smith, B.S., Clarke, L.K.: 1988, Biomechanical relationship between tibia and ankle. Presented at the Academy of PM&R, Seattle, Washington.
7. Clarke, L.K., and Solis, I: 1989, Weight reduction in muscular dystrophy: the use of a liquid protein supplement. Presented at the 51st Annual Assembly of the Academy of PM&R, San Antonio, TX.
8. Clarke, L.K.: 2008, Neurochemistry of Cerebrovascular Accident. Presented at Texas
Academy of Physician Assistants, Houston, TX.
9. Clarke, L.K.: 2009, Neurogenesis and Neuropharmacology. Presented at Texas
Academy of Physician Assistants, Galveston, TX.
10. Clarke, L.K.: 2010, Pharmacology and Biochemisty of Obesity. Presented at Texas
Academy of Physician Assistants, Houston, TX.
11. Clarke, L.K. 2011, Inflammation: Source of all Evil. Presented at Texas Academy of
Physician Assistants, Galveston TX.
12. Clarke, L.K, Preparing the Soil: Practical Cellular Biochemistry for Regenerative Medicine, Invited Author Contributor for book chapter for J. F. S. D. Lana et al. (eds.), Platelet-Rich Plasma, Lecture Notes in Bioengineering, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-40117-6_3, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2014.
13. Optimizing Neurogenesis in the CNS: Neurosteroids and Mitochondrial Function, Presentation at 4th International Conference on Tissue Science and Regenerative Medicine, Rome, Italy, July 2015. SESSION CHAIRMAN
14. Optimizing Intrinsic Mechanisms of Neuroprotection in the CNS: Utilizing Mitochondrial and Neurosteroid Chemistry, 6th World Congress on Cell & Stem Cell Research, February 29-March 02, 2016 Philadelphia, USA
15. Brain Injury and Mitochondria
Presented to the Brain Injury Association of Delaware, March 13, 2018.
16. Neuroprotection, Neurogenesis, and Statins
Presented to resident physicians in neurology, Dept of Neurology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston Texas; April 16, 2018.
PAPERS IN PREPARATION OR SUBMITTED
1. Clarke, L.K., and Barnes, C.D.: A possible GABAergic pathway in the forebrain involved in cardiovascular regulation. (In preparation)
2. Clarke, L.K, 2012-2013, Stroke: A New Paradigm From E.R. to Neurochemical Neuroregenerative Restoration and Rehabilitation. (Textbook in Preparation).
3. Clarke, L.K., Alteration of urinary neurotransmitter levels in autistic children using oral supplementation. (In preparation)
4. Qian Qin, MD1,3, Lewis Clarke, MD, PhD4, Susan Gratzfeld, PAC4, Jovan Popovich, MD2 Novel Therapeutic Combination of Belimumab and Rituximab for the Treatment of Sjogren’s Associated Refractory Cryoglobulinemia (Submitted 2017 British Medical Journal)